Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Galley Kitchen Love

via
In my opinion, the size of a kitchen doesn't matter as long as there is a window. This one would make me very happy and I love the arrangement. Can you believe they have a gallery wall instead of cupboards behind the sink? How wonderful! 
I had a change of plans yesterday and ended up tearing up one room and spring cleaning it from top to bottom. I surprised myself and I hope to repeat the process in another room today. My grandmother always spent one whole week in each room of her home on spring and fall cleaning. It was a real ritual that required lots of help moving furniture. I emulated her by moving everything out of the room except the bed and it really wasn't that hard. I hope I can keep up the momentum. xo

7 comments:

MELODY JACOB said...

nice.. cleaning really is necessary
http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/

karen said...

love those chocolate walls. Big fan of the galley kitchen , everything is in reach and you don't have room for helpers.

Gail, northern California said...

Lord. What I wouldn't give for your energy.

I did tackle the tile flooring in the master bedroom shower the other day. Does that count...sort of?

annette said...

Love everything about this kitchen and could move right in.I'd have to live with the walls for a bit.Perhaps I'd lighten them up.Happy to know someone has the energy to tackle Spring cleaning.I'm waiting for some kind of magic to help with mine! xo Annette

Cleo from Jersey said...

Not only did my mother move furniture during "Spring cleaning", she also washed walls!! I haven't washed a wall in my life. Well, all I can say is, they just don't make mothers like they used to!

Content in a Cottage said...

Cleo...I've never washed walls either except when helping my mother when I was young. My mom was a recreational cleaner. She tore the house apart every Saturday!!! I still remember her ritual of stripping the paste wax from the hardwood floors so fresh wax could be applied. She and several other mothers used to help each other do this. I think they buffed them by hand too...I don't ever remember any machines being used. My brother and I loved sliding on them in our socks.
You are SO RIGHT. They don't make mothers like they used to!!!
xo, Rosemary

Karen said...

I love seeing well-planned small space kitchens. This is a keeper.
Wow, I'm jealous. I love to clean (don't call the psychologist, I just do!) and I've not had a weekend to really get into it. Cupboards and closets, here I come.
Karen