Monday, February 2, 2015

Caulk Finished + A Snow Scene

I'll post some more photos in the morning but I wanted you to see my caulking job. I really liked doing it and I love the caulking gun I bought. Can't wait to do more. I tried using my finger, a small spoon from the frozen yogurt place, and a popsicle stick to get an even line. But ended up using something I found upstairs in my craft supplies stash -- a wooden stick that is bigger than a popsicle stick but smaller than a tongue depressor and it made just the bead I needed to cover the bottom of the tile and the right amount of tub. I had to do two applications of caulk because my gap was so deep after I dug out all of the old grout. I have a shower head that comes out of the ceiling that I'll try to get in a picture tomorrow. I'm tired but very happy.

Here is my balcony overlooking my barn/garage and the rear of my property. We got a nice layer of ice on top of this accumulation later in the day and poor Webster had a heck of a time finding a place to go after dinner. He kept falling through the deep stuff. It's very cold too and windy. Good night. xo

13 comments:

JudyMac said...

Oh, poor Webster! Snow with a layer of ice on top is awful. He must be longing for spring... just like me.

The Queen Vee said...

Ice over snow, that I do not like. I do feel for Webster, he's not a young boy anymore.

I give you an A+++ on your caulking job. Looks perfect to me. You and your housemates deserve a very good nights rest....sweet dreams to one and all.

Hahaha, writing dreams just reminded me that I woke up this morning dreaming that Queen Elizabeth came to my birthday party in her Gold State Coach and had such a good time she didn't want to leave. I walked her to her carriage and helped her to get in for her ride home. I woke up shaking my head wondering why in the world I had such a funny crazy dream, especially as my birthday is months away. I suppose I'd better start planning, never know who'll show up.

tammy j said...

so proud of your job!
it's beautiful! probably even better than professional... because you REALLY cared!
it's so cool!
and poor beloved webster.
i cannot imagine what it would be like to be out there and suddenly your whole undercarriage is wet and freezing cold!!!!
wouldn't make me want to go at all!

MrsB said...

What a gorgeous tub!

Content in a Cottage said...

Mrs. B -- The tub is original to my cottage. It's a vintage Kohler from the 1930s. I kept the original toilet too. When I was remodeling my house when I first bought it, the contractor tried and tried to convince me to get rid of the tub and put in a shower but I insisted that I could never live anywhere without at least one bathtub. I use it all the time. I have a shower head in the ceiling so I have the best of both worlds.
xo, Rosemary

Karen said...

Rosemary,
Your tub and bathroom look great. We have some caulking work we need to get to this year as well.
Be safe in this extreme weather. The snow does look deceivingly beautiful and peaceful, but I know there are a few downsides to the white stuff.
Karen

Content in a Cottage said...

QV -- Victoria... If the Queen arrives, I'm sure she will not want to leave so you'd better start getting ready. What a great dream.
xo, Rosemary

Unknown said...

Bravo, Rosemary, your caulk is simply magnificent. Nice work.
Linda

Stacey Snacks said...

Can you come and caulk my sinks?
I have been asking Henry to do this for months!
You do a better job.

Donna said...

Nice job on the caulking! Love the tile, and the cute fixtures!

Poor Webster!

karen said...

Hot off the press...Harper Lee will have a newly published book July 15 2015 according to the new york times!!!whooo hoo!

Content in a Cottage said...

Stacey...I will caulk it for you once Henry digs out all the old stuff. Have caulking gun, will travel.
xo, Rosemary

JudyMac said...

Great job, Rosemary! Like you, I have collected some great tools along the way at the weekend sales. My toolbox runneth over, but I find living in a townhouse requires a small box of duplicates on the second level, such as screwdrivers, pliers, and other handy items.