Monday, September 1, 2014

Will Scotland Secede from the UK?

I took this photo today with my iPhone. I was working on an ebay listing of an apron from Scotland for holding clothes pins or pegs as they say across the pond. I found a thistle in bloom to put in the tiny embroidered pocket.

Will Scotland go Independent? The vote is coming up on September 18th so we don't have long to wait and find out. I am obsessed with Scotland since I started watching Outlander on Starz. The costumes and sets are wonderful. I haven't read the book but I'm enjoying the series.
There is an article from NPR and a podcast too in case you want to know more about why Scotland would want to break away from the United Kingdom and become an independent country. I got the cupcakes photo there too. Click here to read and or listen.
I hope you had a nice Labor Day. xo

4 comments:

2 Dogs said...

My ex-husband was from England and we lived in the Shetland Isles and Ft Augustus Scotland. Shetland Isles is my favorite place in all the world but it's a humdinger getting back and forth from the mainland to the island. I've gone by ship and by airplane and both were quit an experience. Living out in the North Sea is absolutely wild. Six months of sunlight and six months of darkness. Scotland is a beautiful country!

The Queen Vee said...

I was just talking with my husband about Scotland and the upcoming vote. I can understand why they might want to be independent but I don't think it will be good for them economically or for their security if they vote to go that way.

Our one short trip to Scotland back in the 80's remains one of my favorites. I would love to go there again but alas, I don't see it happening.

Teri said...

I don't think it will go this time around. Too many things need to be worked out that haven't been yet.

Scotland is awesome! We were there for a month a three years ago. Ended up writing 48 (!) blog posts about the trip. It's my heritage on Dad's side (both parents) and we visited where their people came from... and the rest of the country too (except we did not make the far SE corner).

Lovely apron, BTW.

Beth in NEPA said...

There is another series of books out about time travel and Scotland. Written by Lynn Kurland. I liked them EVEN BETTER than the ones by Diana Gabaldon!