Thursday, June 12, 2014

Time Magazine Cover: Eat Butter

Wow. I can't wait to read this article. Scientists labeled fat the enemy. Why they were wrong.
This is a screen shot I took with my iPhone on Instagram from Time Magazine's feed. Don't you love one of the 561 comments? REJOICE. 
Tucking in now. Good night. xo


JudyMac said...

Article should be interesting. Just talking about butter consumption reminds me of Julia Child's caution about butter .... "everything in moderation." Quite a few famous cooks/chefs nowdays do not always go easy on the butter, particularly in desserts, and over the years I'm seeing their little cheeks and little waists becoming somewhat chubby. Or should I say, pleasingly plump? Some are criticized for the high calorie/butter content; some aren't. :-) Have a great weekend, Rosemary!

Karen in VA (was CT) said...

Lately the enemy has been sugar ... In huge hidden quantities. We're going to see Fed Up tonight, which I think sugar has a leading role. Fats are now good, but probably not animal fats. Probably butter is not the devil it once was. We shall see. Very interesting cover, thanks

Content in a Cottage said...

Karen in VA -- That is my understanding too. Sugar is the real culprit. When fat is removed to make a product low fat, they have to add things to improve flavor and sugar (high fructose corn syrup) is usually an additive. I haven't heard of FED UP but will search for it. Enjoy this rainy Friday.
xo, Rosemary