Sunday, June 22, 2014

Tabitha Has Changed Her Bed

     The hand-painted bird tiles were purchased in England in 1975. Each one is different and perfect for cat cooling on a hot summer day. I designed this custom tray for the tiles and had it built by a talented craftsman years ago. It's perfect as a topper for my bedside table and doubles as a cat nest lately.
     I'm happy to report that I have finally mowed the front yard and surrounds! I finished last night about 8:00 pm -- I call it moonlight mowing as I never mow in bright sun. At the end of the day all of the moisture from the morning dew has dried out and I actually enjoy the task at hand when the sun is on its way down.
     Everything looks so nice after a mowing marathon. I still have to mow over some thick grass clippings in the back. This method is easier than raking in my opinion. So far, it has been a lazy Sunday here at the cottage. Hope you can say the same.
     I marked the 18th century blue cottage "Under Contract" yesterday. I'll be glad when the inspections are over and I can get back to normal.


leah said...


The Queen Vee said...

Loved reading the story about the bird tiles and the tray. There have been many days this past week when I could have used a tile tray to cool down in, high temps and high humidity are wearing.

How wonderful about the blue cottage contract, I hope this charming home passes it's inspection with flying colors. Those inspectors always seem to find something that has to be fixed though. Well done Rosemary.