Monday, April 21, 2014

18th Century GPS Device

1793 Pocket Globe via
This is wonderful, isn't it?
Pin It


Karen in VA (was CT) said...

This is beyond fascinating. Can you imagine actually owning one? I wonder what the Antiques Roadshow would say about the value.

I suspect like anything "pocket" size it would be quite expensive, especially from this era.

I watched The Good Wife and Mad Men early this morning, so I'm good to go. I know you're continuing with Selfridges, but I dropped out this season. I did like it, but various pickles and self destruction got the best of me. I'm a bit impressionable in that way.

Enjoy your night.

Karen in VA

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

I've never seen anything like that...would not have even considered people having them. I think of rolled-up maps...but this is so cool!

Karen said...

What a fabulous piece. Can you imagine carrying that around to guide you?

Juniper grace said...

This is why I just adore your blog so much! I have never seen anything like this! What a fantastic idea.

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Rosemary,

This GPS Device is more charming than our Garmin!!!!!
Have a nice day,


Content in a Cottage said...

Karen in VA -- I watched The Good Wife and Call The Midwife on Sunday night. I watched Mad Men, The Bletchley Circle and Orphan Black on Monday night.
I never watched Mr. Selfridge because I couldn't get "into" it last season.
There are so many things I watch I had to start a list and check things off as I watch them. I don't know how people can make room for Netflix and all those streaming services when I can't even keep up with network TV.
I'm quite sure that pocket globe would be worth serious money since it's rare.
xo, Rosemary

Edyta said...

Just love it!