Thursday, March 20, 2014

Addicted to this Organic Lemon Juice

Okay, you asked for more of my healthy habit tips. Last year around Thanksgiving I happened upon a bottle of this organic lemon juice from Italy in a big glass bottle. I can't tell you how many lemons I end up throwing away because they have dried out in the fridge. Sometimes you just need a little juice and you end up wasting a whole one. Solution found. I got mine at a small green grocer and when I went back last week for another bottle they didn't have it. I almost hyperventilated and my search began. The internet said Costco had it but they did not and neither did Trader Joe's. I finally found it at Bed and Bath of all places in their International Foods section. 
Here is the link with all the good information about this juice. Click on the "Where to Buy" tab at the top. I had to increase my store finder search to 25 miles and my store ended up being only 6 or 7 miles away. It's available online too. There is an expiration date on the cap. The bottle I just bought has a date of July 7, 2014. With summer on the way, I'm sure I will use it up by then with lemonade and popsicles on my recipe list. For now, I use it in my tea and in my hummus. I also add it to my drinking water. The flavor is more like Meyer Lemons and is very delicious. I love that it's organic with no preservatives and the glass bottle is a huge plus. Have fun finding it. Maybe you can go in with a friend should you have to use the on-line ordering system. It retails for under $8.00 per bottle and has about 40 hand-picked lemons in every bottle.  Try it and let me know how you like it. xo
Pin It

6 comments:

tammy j said...

oh! thanks!
every time someone raves about something at trader joe's it makes me sad.
we don't have one.
but we DO have a bed and bath with a nice intl. selection.
i'll definitely be checking it out!

Content in a Cottage said...

Tammy J...I took my 20% off coupon with me. I bought 3 bottles and the bill was just under $18.00. Two for me and one for a friend. Use the store finder to confirm that your area B&B stocks this good stuff.
xo, Rosemary

JudyMac said...

Lots of good things from Italy are making their way to our table .... including those great San Marzano tomatoes. I'm currently on the trail of an olive oil sampled as a dipping oil at an area restaurant. Learned it was from the Veneto region of Italy, the northernmost area of Italy for growing olives. It was so very light and fruity.

Content in a Cottage said...

JudyMac...
Yes, those tomatoes are grown in Organic Soil too. The lemons in this juice are grown in the organic soil of Sicily. Hope you find that olive oil.
xo, Rosemary

Anonymous said...

Rosemary,
You have been a wealth of knowledge lately. Years ago I bought organic pure lemon juice in the freezer section of the grocery store and then it disappeared. I wonder if this juice could be frozen to extend its life? Unfortunately it is available 50 miles from me. I go to Trader Joe's once a month in Albany and there is a co-op that carries it there. I'll hunt it up next month! Thanks for the info.
Kathy

Content in a Cottage said...

Anon. I hope you can find it at ghe coop. My first bottle lasted for about three months. I don't think my current bottle will last that long going into warmer weather. You should buy 2 bottles and store the unopened one in a cool dark place. You could probsbly freeze it but I don't think you will need to. Good luck.
xo, Rosemary