Monday, January 20, 2014

DIY Organic Blended Strawberry Yogurt


This is the most delicious and economical way to eat all organic blended fruit yogurt if you don't mind mixing it yourself. My huge jar of Organic Strawberry Spread from Costco seems to be lasting forever. The Organic plain European Style yogurt from Trader Joe's contains 4 cups. My parfait glass holds about 3/4 cup so I get at least 5 servings of yogurt. I think it is $2.99. The cost for the strawberry spread is $6.59 and it really tastes homemade. It's a "loose" spread and blends easily. You can adjust the amount of flavoring to add according to your taste buds. One Tablespoon has 40 calories. I put a bigger blob than usual for this post. The amount I usually use probably has only 20 calories. I use a long handled iced tea spoon as my measure and mixing spoon. I eat the yogurt with it too and it's really delicious. This method is good for the environment too. The Kirkland product comes in a glass jar. One Trader Joe's tub equals quite a few individual yogurt cups. I like to make a small serving in a teacup if I just want a taste of something good.
PS--Regular strawberries are in the dirty dozen, the 12 most contaminated foods in the food chain. Yuck. Any time you can find organic strawberries, you should jump at the chance.



Pin It

2 comments:

Mama Pea said...

That looks soooo good! And I'm not even hungry. I made a bit too much strawberry jam from our homegrown berries this past season so this would be a great way to use some of it up. Thanks, Rosemary. So simple and yet so good!

Content in a Cottage said...

Yum. Homemade jam from homegrown strawberries. It doesn't get any better than that. I just looked at your little apple pies and they look fabulous too.
xo, Rosemary