Monday, June 11, 2012

I love this tree-themed sampler ! ! !


"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree." ~ Martin Luther
I wish I could find a larger image of this delightful piece of needlework so I could read what's in the lower right portion. It's wonderful, isn't it?
Three Four readers were able to read the small print within the tree lower right. It says, "He who plants trees loves others besides himself." I love that quote by Thomas Fuller too. Thanks so much!!!
This sampler called 'And A Forest Grew' was designed by Karen of Rosewood Manor and the xstitch pattern is available here.

4 comments:

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

It says He who plants trees loves others besides himself.

This is a really great sampler, I wouldn't mind working this one myself.

One of the ladies in our stitchers group is making tags with each embroidery stitch and she has put a tree or two on each one.
ceoriginals dot blogspot dot com

Sunny said...

I think it says, "He who plants trees loves others besides himself." Lovely!

Vanessa said...

It looks to me like the smaller portion on the right says: "He who plants trees loves others besides himself"

Beautiful Sampler.

Garden, Home and Party said...

Rosemary,
What a beautiful sampler. I love the quote.
Karen