Saturday, June 16, 2012

Hummingbird Feeding at My Cottage


I have had the best time all week watching the hummingbirds. I have to fill this tiny feeder daily because it only holds 1/2 cup of nectar. That's perfect too because it isn't out there long enough to ferment. I had one bird buzz around my head waiting for me to finish my filling station duties. They actually chug-a-lug the liquid until as many as 6 air bubbles go up the tube as they feed. Goodness they are hungry (or lazy), I can decide which! my photo

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

I like that you do not color it red. I have someone (I will not mention who) thinks it has to be red to attract. We've only had a few come in this year. Bonnie

humbird said...

I am so envious! They are amazing birds and to have them so close is truly a wonder.
Its lovely to know they are enjoyed by one who appreciates them so much :)

I love birds and have a family of magpies that visit every day. One of "the girls" will swoop down and sit on my shoulder to eat from my hand.
Now, if I could just coax a raven to do the same, I would feel like Poe...

Julie G. said...

So very sweet! Hummingbirds are such a delight. Enjoy your hummingbird watching!

The Queen Vee said...

A sweet treat for both of you.