Thursday, May 3, 2012

I am my own hired hand


I took this photo of my feet last night when I had to quit weed whacking at 7:30 pm -- not because I wanted to or was finished -- but because I ran out of day-glo green string. I was almost finished with one section too. Drats. I can't get the spool off by myself. Instead I have to bother Greg at the gas station and he gives it one easy twirl and it comes right off. I don't have the knack with anything that has a motor.
The top of me looked good after my new afternoon haircut. It's just not in the cards for me to be fancy in any way shape or form until I conquer the weeds in my driveway. 
I keep thinking about my grandmother's sage advice and wishing I had followed it.


3 comments:

Tara Dillard said...

It's a blessing our government hasn't figured a way to tax us for the work we do for ourselves.

Alas, I fear they will.

I'm always dirty. Gave up fluffing myself for public viewing long ago.

Garden & Be Well, XO T

jean said...

Living on a farm, I'm always looking like I rolled around in dirt. Not to mention smelling like chickens and goats. A shower at the end of the day is one of my treasured moments. My Mom always kept up on her house work and chores, raising 5 children and teaching Indian children, and I sure don't know how she did it!

Bonnie said...

You Grandmother's advice was wonderful, but I am a procrastinator; I spend a lot of time catching up. Bonnie