Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Today's Animal Encounters


I had another pre-closing inspection today at the house I sold. I visited with the neighbors who have a donkey and a goat. I slipped behind the fence to photograph them up close. We will be fast friends before long. The goat is somewhat shy. The owner was pulling all of the flower stems from her rhubarb as they are inedible. She has a wonderful garden and grows everything she and her husband eat in the summer. I want to be their neighbor too.

5 comments:

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

OH how adorable:) I so want a donkey. Goats are great too and are always humorous:)So happy you have great neighbors:)
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

Tara Dillard said...

Todays client had 13 poults from her heritage turkeys.

Forgot my camera and the stupid cell phone was out of storage space. Ughhhhh. Poults are adorable.

Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

humbird said...

What a sweet picture.
Goats are truly lovely. They have great characters, are very smart and are very endearing :)

@coolgreenpines said...

OMG. That's looks like Donkey from Shrek! I can almost hear Eddie Murphy's voice. Lol. So adorable, honestly. What I want to know is where are they all relocating to. Some new place with lots of land nearby? Lucky ducks!

Gail, in northern California said...

It's as though the goat is saying, "See? I am too taller than you."