Sunday, April 22, 2012

Cranberry Bread Fresh Out of The Oven


I baked Cranberry Bread today using fresh cranberries. It was a chilly rainy day and I wanted to bake something using the ingredients I had on hand. I didn't have an egg so I searched online for a substitute and ended up using 2 Tablespoons flaxseed meal, 1/8 teaspoon baking powder and 3 Tablespoons of water. It worked. I didn't have any orange juice so I used soy milk and a little crushed pineapple and a hit of lemon flavoring. I didn't have any nuts so I left them out. I used coconut oil as the shortening and to grease the pan. It was still very good even though I improvised quite a bit. 

I have such admiration for food bloggers who take detailed photos of the cooking/baking process. I am a very messy cook and for one little loaf I filled up one whole side of my double kitchen sink. 

7 comments:

tammy j said...

oh good grief!
i can smell the heavenly smells from here?
may i stop by and have a piece of it with coffee?
course i'd have to take two planes a bus and a taxi to get there!

Karen said...

Rosemary,
After being promised warm and sunny weather we have been hit with June gloom a few weeks early. Your cranberry bread looks delicious...and how clever to have improvised with so many ingredients. Yummy.
Karen

Teresa said...

Looks delish! And, I love you big, deep sink! :)

LANA said...

Sometimes I've had the best results from throwing together something with things I had in the kitchen. Sounds like you did some very clever improvising, the cranberry bread looks delish!

Sue said...

Great job on improvising. I've never been very good at that. And wouldn't it be wonderful if the "Dish Fairy" showed up after a cooking project?
:D

Millie said...

Yep Rosemary I agree with you - if the food is so good on these food blogs then where's the mess? It's not natural. Your loaf looked delicious.
Millie xx

Stacey Snacks said...

My kitchen is always cleaned up by the time I take the photo of the finished product!
Great improvising on the recipe.....I wish I had seen this yesterday, I wanted to bake but was out of eggs! (a rarity in my house!).