Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Recreating Print Rooms


Print rooms were popular in 18th and 19th century England where they served as charming exhibit rooms for prints.


An unusual way for those returning from grand tours abroad to display a sort of souvenir album of visited landmarks, print rooms often featured engravings of favored classical ruins and city scenes.

I photographed these two print rooms from one of my design books: Decorating with Paper by Donna Land and Lucretia Robertson. They were created by English artist Nicola Wingate Saul. What a fun way to display old prints and engravings.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Rosemary,

These are really pretty and I like the idea. I often see prints that I don't necessarily have room to add framed, but if you had a space to fill with a collection it could be really fun.
karen