Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Duchess of Devonshire with Her Chickens

The duchess with her beloved chickens at Chatsworth in the 1990s. Photograph: Christopher Simon Sykes/Getty Images

Wait For Me: Memoirs of the Youngest Mitford Sister
by Deborah Devonshire
I've been saving this article and book review from the Guardian until I could sit and enjoy it and this morning was the perfect time. If you are looking for the ideal Christmas gift for a friend who is a dyed in the wool Anglophile, this is certainly a book to consider.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rosemary, the Duchess is wearing a suit while tending her chickens! How delightful. You have brought a big BIG smile to my face this grey, wet morning. Thank you. "Wait for me," now is on my soon to be read list.
Linda

Bonnie said...

I read the book about the Mitford sister a month or so ago. Quite an interesting and complicated group of women.

Karen said...

I will definitely add this book to my wish list. I'm currently getting my British "fix" with a fun little love story by Helen Simonson, "Major Pettigrew's Last Stand". So entertaining and I can always visualize the environs of my favorite country, England.
Love the chickens!
Karen