Saturday, August 27, 2011

Yellow Bird at My Cottage | Goldfinch

A beautiful goldfinch paid me a visit this morning at the cottage. I woke up at 6:45 to a power outage for no reason. When I called it in on my cell they said a substation was out and 3,000 other customers were having the same problem. Luckily I have a gas stove, matches, and a stovetop coffee maker. Mornings without coffee are not an option. It came back on at 8:45. I would have made a lousy pioneer woman.

I have some giant black flexible piping in the garage that I am going to cut and attach to all of my downspouts to keep Irene's rain away from the house. I have a million other things to do too.

Stay safe.


Erin said...

I'm glad you're prepared. Stay safe! Being from tornado alley I know what it's like to try to prepare for the unknown! Beautiful Goldfinch on your birdbath!

Karen said...


LOL! Missing coffee each morning is not an option at this house either.

I hope you are safe and sound and don't experience anything worse than some rain. My thoughts are with you and your fellow citizens.

Anonymous said...

Your picture, fixed a problem I had with my small garden bird bath, frost broken, I still use it as garden architecture...never thought to put a bowl inside of it!Thank you! I Enjoy your beautiful blog. JOHN