Sunday, July 10, 2011

Horse Drawn Carriage Drives By My Cottage

WHOA. I got to the window just in the nick of time with my camera to show you this driving carriage passing my cottage this morning. I know the lady with the hat but rarely see her taking her horse and a friend for a ride on my street though she drives this carriage all over town. There are fewer and fewer horses around these days as the houses change hands. My cottage is adjacent to a bridle path and I can't remember the last time a horse and rider used it.

Have a great Sunday and I'll see you later. 

4 comments:

Susan Freeman said...

How charming. There is something so soothing about the clip clop of hooves on a city street.

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

You are living in a dream, honestly!
I agree with Susan.... there is just something old-fashioned and magical about that clip clop sound.

Hope they didn't leave you any road apples.
:)
JK JK Jk!!!
xx
Alison

Sue said...

Lovely scene.
We have a fella down the road that gets "rescue" donkeys from abusive farms. He often goes by with one he's training to drive a small cart. We live on a dirt road though so no clip clop for us.

Stacey Snacks said...

Are you kidding me? I love it! We had a bear on our street last week, but I didn't get to meet him!