Monday, May 2, 2011

My Dream Driveway

Isn't this the best driveway ever? I'm not talking about the site with the trees on either side and the gate...I'm talking about the road itself. I love the packed pebble center and sides and the packed whatever lanes. I'd love to know more about it. I have a gravel drive with belgian block curbing to contain it. I am not a fan of blacktop at all. We had a lot of snow last season and I'm amazed that all of the gravel did not end up on the lawn but it was very minimal for some reason in spite of all the snow plowings. I think I finally mastered parking in the right place.

The road above has a concrete look but it probably isn't. I'll let you know if I ever find out the secret of this paving technique. 

2 comments:

deborah said...

Love this driveway. It is so inviting. I just want to drive right in and see whats waiting there at the end. A lovely stone rose coverd cottage?

Anonymous said...

I love this blog.....and this post......and this driveway!

I am way old.........I will guess that the "treads" (two lines that wheels are supposed to stay on......are some mixture of cement.......and gravel! Texture.......(the gravel part)......and cement to make it hard. Totally guessing!

Penelope