Monday, March 7, 2011

Boathouse with Unique Exterior Sliding Doors





You know how much I love to blog about sliding barn doors so I was really blown away by the genius design of this Hood Canal Boat House. The building is only two doors wide and the tracks extend beyond the building like wings so doors open completely allowing full access to the inside. What a great idea! Click here to see all of the wonderful full-size photos of this 2008 project by the Pacific Northwest Architectural Firm Bosworth Hoedemaker. I'm giving this project two thumbs up.
Content in a Cottage

2 comments:

Jeanne Henriques said...

This is brilliant Rosemary. I could drag this around the world with me....what a great studio this would make :)

Jeanne xx

PS..Many thanks for your comment today!

Jeanne Henriques said...

This is brilliant Rosemary. I could drag this around the world with me....what a great studio this would make :)

Jeanne xx

PS..Many thanks for your comment today!