Sunday, January 16, 2011

Waiting . . . Forever

Photoblog - A dog takes its loyalty to the grave in Brazil
"A dog, 'Leao', sits for a second consecutive day, next to the grave of her owner, Cristina Maria Cesario Santana, who died in the week's catastrophic landslides in Brazil, at the cemetery in Teresopolis, near Rio de Janiero, on Jan. 15. Brazilians braced for more rain Saturday, fearing further landslides after walls of muddy water tore through towns and claimed some 550 lives in the country's worst flood disaster on record."

I don't know about you but I have a huge lump in my throat over this poignant photo illustrating the loyalty of man's best friend.

UPDATE:  Read the comments...this dog was rescued and adopted by a loving vet. Isn't that great news? Thanks Simone.

Content in a Cottage

6 comments:

Tara Dillard said...

Your target hit home.

Wish I hadn't seen the pic. Too intense.

XO T

Gal Friday said...

Me, too, Rosemary(the huge lump in the throat). The total number of deaths is staggering, as is the idea that so many are suffering having lost their family and frinds and homes.

Sue said...

That is just so sad. And what a photo. Dogs have just such an incredible loyalty to their owners. I wish people realized this when they so casually get rid of a dog that they are "tired" of.

Simone said...

Hi, Rosemary! I live in Brazil and read your blog everyday, you are so inspiring! I don't live in Rio, but have facebook contacts that are working to rescue and help the animals in this catastrophe, and I'd like to tell you that this dog was rescued and adopted by a loving vet, I hope he can recover.
Hugs for you and Webster!

Content in a Cottage said...

Simone, Thank you so much for sending the wonderful news about that faithful dog. I'm so happy to hear he has another loving home.

Colleen said...

:(