Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Bring Back This Stove

The oatmeal ran over yesterday morning (don't you hate it when that happens?) and made a big mess that I didn't have time to clean up because I was running late. I was wishing my stove had a rolltop device for hiding the the puddle around my big burner and then I ran across this photo. All stoves should be made like this. When you aren't cooking you have another work surface too. Older is sometimes better.


Content in a CottageClick orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

4 comments:

Diane said...

I just wanted to tell you I've been reading your blog for ages and I just LOVE it. I've never commented, though... but I had to when I saw this. My cousin lives in England and has a new, modern gas stove in his kitchen... with a dark glass top that lifts up when they need the burners and drops down to create more work surface when they don't. It's wonderful - just like this old stove (but better!) :)

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Rosemary,
I LOVE this little stove. I do love olden things and this one is so sweet!

Tippy said...

Alot of homes in the UK have glass covers to maximise kitchen space. Just make sure you only allow people with common sense use them as our mate shatter 2 by thinking you could leave the glass down while cooking. He hasn't been asked to cook since. :P

Linda said...

I hope the fairies cleaned up the oatmeal while you were away today.
Good night, Rosemary
Linda