Monday, December 27, 2010

Snow Day At The Cottage


This was Webster last night after we shoveled the walk.


Making yellow show on the walk this morning.
The snow had drifted over the bluestone path in the high wind.


Have a seat and stay a while.


I still have to clean my car and shovel around it.


Looking at the roof from my kitchen.


There is a boxwood under this mound.


The wreath has been decorated by Mother Nature.
The wind is howling and the snow has drifted. I still haven't been outside but must venture out and shovel pretty soon. My living room floor was covered with fine ashes from the fireplace due to the high winds and down drafts. I had to leave the flue open because the embers were still glowing when I went to bed. All in all I think we got off pretty easy. I live on a county road that gets plowed very regularly. Various friends can't say the same. The roads maintained by the small towns around here are often quite treacherous. Be safe and stay warm. See you later.


Content in a Cottage
Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.


2 comments:

Sue said...

Rosemary, the pictures are just lovely!! I know it must have been a lot of work to clean up, but WOW-how beautiful!
And Webster looks so adorable all tucked in. You really do spoil him (and I'm glad!)
:)

Marguerite (Tina) Smith Hart said...

Poor Webster looks so tuckered out! I know just how he feels.
You guys did get a lot more snow than we did here in upstate New York. My sister in Montreal said they had quite a bit of snow also but they have an army of street cleaners so it's usually dealt with fairly quickly.
Be careful shoveling, I hurt my back yesterday moving furniture! Geez!
Tina xo