Monday, November 1, 2010

Time To Force Some Bulbs Indoors

I haven't even brought my geraniums indoors yet and already I'm starting to think about buying bulbs to force for the holidays. Aren't these tulips beautiful? I love flowers and antiques together. I like the blooming Dutch bulbs photographed with the Delft charger in the background, don't you? Directions for forcing tulip bulbs indoors here.

Image scanned from one of my gardening books.


Content in a Cottage
Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

3 comments:

Sunny said...

Please tell...how does one force tulips for the holidays? I have some bulbs I'd love to force.

currentlychic.com said...

They are beautiful. Our season went late this year too. I just put some Amaryllis in the refrigerator in the basement to get them ready for a new bloom this holiday. I think I am a bit late, but they are beautiful in February too!
CC
http://currentlychic.com

PS Really enjoy your beautiful blog!

Kat said...

Thanks for the reminder Rosemary.
Even though the house is still a mess and it seems like this renovation is never ending, I know it will be done by Christmas and I need to start preparing for that. Adding bulbs to my list.
http://kathleenjackson.blogspot.com/