Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Hamilton House in South Berwick, Maine

The Hamilton House in South Berwick, Maine where visitors can enjoy concerts and storytelling in the garden. The views of the Salmon Falls River are splendid. This handsome Georgian house was built by Col. Jonathan Hamilton shortly after he purchased 30 acres here in 1783.

Photo scanned from one of my favorite books on American Architecture ~ Windows on the Past, Four Centuries of New England Homes.

Content in a Cottage
Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Rosemary, you give us pause in our busy days to visit delightful homes or little crannies. Thanks. This handsome beauty is breath taking. Linda

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Rosemary,
Decided to purchase a plastic cover for my keyboard!!! Beautiful :) I have been to Maine several times, as my uncle lived in Boston. It is so pretty there!

Donna said...

It's beautiful. I'd love to live there! I love the gardens.

Donna

Marguerite (Tina) Smith Hart said...

Well if I can make it back as a ghost someday I know where I will be haunting...:)Move over Hamiltons!
Tina xo