Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fall Hydrangeas and a Bluebird


I think hydrangeas have to be one of the best landscaping plants around. They just keep on giving from spring right through the fall. I wish I could say they were mine but they aren't. They belong to a friend. I photographed them this morning after feeding and walking her dogs.

I will claim total ownership of this bluebird that was one of many flying around the cottage earlier this morning. I hope it's one of the youngsters born here his spring. These birds never fail to thrill me. He was all puffed up with pride about his beauty. Isn't that color spectacular?


Content in a Cottage
Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Hi Rosemary, I just love hydrangeas and blue birds too. I haven't tried to grow them where we are summers get to hot, but are one of my favorites. I will have to let you know when I post my lovely blue jay photographs.Our new bird friend loves our place and teasing the kitty cat! It is so funny. I should video tape it~ but alas I only have some photos of there escapades.
Stop by for a visit sometime~ Theresa

Cynthia L. H. said...

Oh, yes, just SPECTACULAR!!!
;^) ;^) ;^)
(All of the photos that you've posted yesterday and today draw that response from me...)
Thank you so much for sharing!!!
;^)