Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Birthday Pound Cake | So Good


My mother had a great birthday today. She decided she wanted a pound cake and I made the one I featured recently. Recipe here. I have to say it was delicious. We ate it with Breyer's Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. Yum.

The people on the food network are always talking about baked goods with a great crumb. I think this cake would send them to the moon bragging. I heavily buttered the pan using a big pat from my cow butter dish and baked it at 375 instead of 325 for one hour. I have a gas oven and it cooks a lot cooler than an electric one. I always crank it up an extra 50 degrees on almost every recipe. I used a big round pan with a removable bottom instead of a loaf pan. Mother and I both ate a huge wedge and decided this is the recipe I should use again and again. It was easy and the only ingredient I had to shop for was the pure lemon extract. Try it, you'll like it!


Content in a Cottage
Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

A belated Many Happy Returns of the day, Rosemary's Mum.....I love pound cake...especially ones with good crumb!!!! Keep the ice cream I'll have mine plain!!
Still catching up on all the happenings.....I think I follow too many blogs!!!

Deanna said...

Oh yumm! This is the one of yours I saw earlier I have in my *stack* on the counter to try...maybe this weekend! Looks fab!

Millie said...

How yummy Rosemary - I can just imagine the sighs of delight coming from your kitchen as the two of you enjoyed this beauty. I hope your dear Mum enjoyed her special day.
Millie ^_^