Sunday, October 24, 2010

Bedroom with Fireplace and Bookshelves

I slept late this morning and woke up to an almost spring-like Sunday morning. It's absolutely beautiful but can't yet be considered Indian Summer because we haven't had a killing frost. I still have a lot of outdoor work to do so I hope that dreaded frost holds off for a bit.

Don't you love the bedroom I found for you? I think it is my favorite one ever. Books within easy reach, a window and a fireplace too. I'm envisioning a comfy club chair and ottoman on the other side of the hearth and another bookcase. TV person that I am, I would require one on the wall opposite the foot of the bed. The roofline isn't very steep so the cathedral ceiling still feels cozy and I'm glad the boards and beams were stained, not painted. I have a very similar oriental rug in my kitchen. If I were designing a bedroom from scratch this would definitely be it.

Enjoy your Sunday. See you later.


Content in a Cottage
Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

2 comments:

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Lovely!!! A bedroom to spend the whole day in. :-)

Have a nice Sunday!

Luciane, at HomeBunch.com

Marilyn said...

Well, I'm sorry, but you have to get out of that bed and let me in....you have found MY room and I'm not sharing.....but you can visit once in a while!!! :) :) :)
You really are amazing at finding these pictures of wonderful spaces....that blue and whitle attic kitchen the other day.....MINE!!!!
Have a great day R.......:)