Tuesday, September 14, 2010

World's Most Expensive Book | Audubon's Birds of America | Sotheby's London


A rare copy of John James Audubon's "Birds of America" is heading to the auction block and is expected to fetch between $6.2 million and $9.2million.

Billed as the world's most expensive book, it is one of only 119 copies in existence.

The 2-by-3-foot tome consists of 435 hand-colored prints of Audubon's famous illustrations. It comes from the collection of a British baron who died in 1955. Sotheby's London


Content in a Cottage
Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

1 comment:

The Queen Vee said...

Amazing and gorgeous book, won't fit on my coffee table though so I guess I won't place a bid :-)

Can you tell I'm playing catch up on your blog with the plethora of comments that I'm making all at once? I've been out in Colorado for a week, heading home on Saturday. Joined up with my sisters for a yearly sisters reunion, we had a blast.