Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Acorns Are My Favorite Things About Fall

I picked up this bunch of acorns from the way back when walking Webster after an early dinner. The kitchen is clean and I'm ready for a nice evening. I took this picture on the deck just now. I love acorns but I'm glad I don't have an oak tree near my front walk or near my gutters. They can be a nuisance. Thankfully my trees are perfectly situated. See you tomorrow.


Content in a Cottage
Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

3 comments:

Marguerite (Tina) Smith Hart said...

Oh wow Rosemary I just happen to be looking for a picture of acorns to paint a picture of them. If it will work out do you mind if I use the photo for inspiration? I love the green color of the immature acorns! Thanks and have a lovely evening
Tina xo

Linda said...

Rosemary, these acorns are so fat. Adorable. Different from the sort I have been roller skating on in these parts. May you and Webster not be completely soaked during your rainy day walks. Linda

Kari Lønning said...

Did you notice (or maybe it's just my area) that there were NO acorns this year??? There were so many in the past few years that walking was almost dangerous. This year, there were none on the ground. What are the squirrels going to do without them?