Thursday, June 3, 2010

House Tour Today




Garden Club of Somerset Hills 2010 House and Garden Tour
Pictured Above: Dunwalke East, a magnificent Georgian manor designed by the architect Mott B. Schmidt in 1938 for C. Douglas Dillon, the son of Clarence and Anne Dillon. Oops, someone forgot to put away the broom. Click to enlarge each photo.

I was the guest of my friend Jill. This event is held every 2 years and after box lunches at the Essex Hunt Club we drove ourselves -- thankfully we weren't bussed. We had a great time touring 4 fabulous homes that weren't designer showcased. It was a hot day but I think we lucked out because rain is predicted for the next 4 days. I had my point and shoot and these shots are right out of the camera. I really wish I had lugged my trusty Nikon but decided to be just one of the girls today. I have some fabulous shots in my head and ran into a few old friends I hadn't seen in ages. Thanks, Jill. My treat in 2012.



Content in a Cottage
Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

1 comment:

Millie said...

Sounds like your day with Jill was just lovely! Your point & shoot did a fine job. Happy weekend to you & Webster dear Rosemary.
Millie ^_^