Monday, May 3, 2010

The Miseducation of Carey Mulligan

The miseducation of Carey Mulligan: How this actress become our favorite leading lady:
When Carey Mulligan was nominated for an Oscar for her amazing role in the film AN EDUCATION, the first thing she did was call home.

But instead of the squeals of delight she might have anticipated from her mother, the young actress received a rather more level-headed response. ‘I phoned up,’ she says, ‘and said, “Mum, mum, mum! I got nominated for an Oscar!”

‘And she said, “Oh fabulous, I’m just with a student – can you call me back in 45 minutes?’”

And in that calm reply lies the key to the down-to-earth appeal of the 24-year-old with the elfin smile who is set to become one of Hollywood’s most bankable stars.

Isn't it wonderful that she's so normal? I thoroughly enjoyed the movie.



Content in a Cottage
Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

No comments: