Sunday, May 9, 2010

Bluebirds On Mother's Day

Look to your right and you'll see the female bluebird on the garage roof (click photo to enlarge). I didn't even see her while I was snapping away at the colorful male with my trusty Nikon SLR this morning. The males get all the glory in spite of the fact that it's Mother's Day and the nest is full of eggs in the house these two occupy near the big tree. Guess he decided to give her a short break. Can bluebird babies be far behind? I used my Nikon D40 digital SLR with a Nikon 18-200 zoom lens

2 comments:

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

I have a pair of bluebirds nesting in a box on my back porch! Such beautiful and industrious birds.

Happy Mothers Day

ChampagneMaker said...

as usual, sames...I've got their cousins outside my kitchen window! AND we use the SAME camera! :)