Sunday, May 16, 2010

Beautiful Library in Baltimore

I go to the Morristown or Madison libraries at least once a week. A brand new library just opened in Harding Township; the ribbon cutting was Friday and I forgot all about it. It is beautiful and was built with private funds. Many local residents were opposed but I think they will be thrilled with it even if their taxes go up a tiny bit.

The lovely old Morristown library has been closed for two weeks because of an underground explosion that blew out some doors, windows, and an 8' thick hole in the basement ceiling. There have been various manhole cover explosions throughout the downtown Morristown vicinity and JCP&L can't identify the problem. Luckily one of the librarians saw the smoke in the street early on that Monday morning and the library was evacuated before opening bell for the public. The authorities say the violent explosion would likely have resulted in fatalities. I was one of the last customers on the previous day. I had to return my mother's audio tapes to Madison yesterday.

Busy day ahead with the open house for my new listing. Have a great Sunday and I'll see you much later.



Content in a Cottage
Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

2 comments:

Cynthia L. H. said...

I'm SO glad you're okay!!! Wow! That's just very wild!
(I do love the library photo...it looks like a place I would be very contented to be in.)
;^)

The Queen Vee said...

The George Peabody Library is amazing and so close to where I live, I think I must go and check it out soon. Sorry to hear about your local library but glad to read that no one was harmed.