Tuesday, April 6, 2010

So Many Architectural Styles To Love








Various homes that I found charming while searching real estate for sale. The last one is my favorite. Wish I could see inside before I make up my mind. I really like the yellow colonial too even though it's much too large for me. It's just as pretty in the back as it is in the front. You can't say that about all homes today. Most have Queen Anne fronts and Mary Jane backs.

My last home was a cape cod and I can still remember how hot it was upstairs even after central air was put in so I'll pass on owning another. However if the master bedroom is on the first floor and guest rooms are upstairs that might make a difference. Each of these home is charming in its own special way. Which one would you like?



Content in a Cottage

Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the last one best. LOVE the vine growing on the house! They are all beautful though.

About Cassandra said...

Love the yellow Georgian, Rosemary - I can imagine that all the rooms are bright and sunny! The fencing is charming. The English Tudor is gorgeous but may not be as bright inside...Cassandra

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Rosemary,
You know I would go for the Cape, as I own one. You are right about summertime and being hot upstairs. We have 2 bedrooms up there and I put a room air conditioner up there, not a window unit,as the original casement windows won't allow it. We do ahve central air, as well. During the winter, however, it is snuggly warm up there :)
Robin