Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter 2010

I love the image on this vintage Easter postcard. It reminds me of my early years when every single thing I put on to wear to church on Easter Sunday was brand new and sewed with love by my mother. When did she have the time? She made my brother's clothes too as well as her own. She and I always wore white cloves. So much has changed, hasn't it? We have more free time but we get less done. Happy Easter everyone. It's a beautiful day here at the cottage and there's a ham in the oven. Yum.



Content in a Cottage

Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

What a lovely story...we, my sister and I, used to get dressed up too as little girls and we would go to see friends and have a wonderful time. We also had Easter Bonnets...usually amusing ones. Your mother FOUND the time to do what she needed to do....that is how it was.
A slightly late wish to you too...hope you enjoyed the ham and shared a little bit with the handsome one..parda