Sunday, March 14, 2010

Zebra Cleans A Hippopotamus's Teeth

This hippo had no intention of having the zebra for lunch - it was having its teeth cleaned.

The hippopotamus is regarded as one of the most aggressive creatures in the world and has a bite that can cut a small boat in half. Nobody told the zebra at The Zurich Zoo. The hippo held her mouth wide open for a full 15 minutes while the zebra played dental hygienist and cleaned her teeth. Really! Read the entire article @ BBC News
Photo by Jill Sonsteby



Content in a Cottage

Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

2 comments:

Susan Freeman said...

That's just fascinating and at the same time how sweet and endearing. I wish I had been there! I am thinking though that perhaps I should have a zebra come in to clean Bentley's teeth. He's not too fond of having it done.

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Jill said...

Hi Rosemary,

I just saw your blog post after doing a bit of a search of my picture. I have been curious what companies and people have enjoyed it.

Would you mind tagging my name in the photo or your blog post? That would be great!

Cheers!

Jill Sonsteby