Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Peek Inside My Cottage

I did a major clean in my living room yesterday. While sitting on the sofa last night enjoying the fruits of my labor, I snapped this lowlight shot. I only have two public rooms in the cottage and each has windows and doors looking out on both the front and the back. I do love a house that is one room wide. They are the kitchen and the multi-purpose room I call the living room. It has a fireplace and enclosed staircases going to the lower level and upstairs to my studio. The view to the front is ground level and the back is on the second floor since my house is on a slope. I have a balcony outside the two French doors on either side of this early ladderback chair. Night photos are best because the windows still haven't been washed. Big rains are coming so I left that task until later. I'm going to work outside and try to get a grip on all that gravel outside the confines of the driveway before it gets too wet. Mud season, here we come. Actually I need a few rainy days so I can do my taxes.



Content in a Cottage

Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

6 comments:

Stacey said...

Beautiful!

Unknown said...

I love that chair!!! I have a ladder back rocker that belong to a great, great grandparent, well actually my son and his wife have it. This so remains me of it with the cane seat and all! Love it!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Beautiful!

Very warm and inviting.

teaorwine said...

Love the rug! Do I spot a dried gourd on the table??

clustres said...

Lovely home!

brooke said...

Gorgeous. Peaceful.