Monday, January 25, 2010

Laundry Room Love

You know how much I love to do laundry by now. I am totally in love with the amazing room in the photo above dedicated to this necessary task. Have you ever seen a better one? I certainly haven't. I'm sure there is a clothes dryer in there somewhere but it is not the focus. How heavenly. I am absolutely positive that there is a drying yard outside too. I did five loads last week to take advantage of warm temperatures and sun. Now we have rain. It was great while it lasted. I am still quite pleased with my homemade laundry soap/detergent too. I just wish I'd made it sooner. Happy Monday, Rosemary.

via Crush Party



Content in a Cottage

Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

3 comments:

Susan Freeman said...

The farmhouse sink, the lovely drying racks. Who wouldn't want to do the laundry in this room?
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I wouldn't mind a laundry room like that myself, Rosemary! I love the floors and the wall color looks very much like the color I have in my master bedroom.

Aly said...

Yes, love the wall color against the fresh white of the bead-board and cabinets. And gotta love those built-in drying racks! But I would caution against a wood floor in this room from my own experience. Much as I love the look of it, it is not practical. We had a leaking washer recently, and the water badly damaged our wood floor, and it went under the floor boards into the hallway,etc. Tile is a much better choice, or something more rustic, like sealed bricks, or even some old-fashioned linoleum,which is making a comeback.