Thursday, January 28, 2010

J.D. Salinger Dies at Age 91

Author J.D. Salinger, who wrote the iconic "Catcher in the Rye," has died at age 91. The author's son, actor Matt Salinger, through Salinger's literary agent, said Salinger died at his home in New Hampshire of natural causes. "His body is gone but the family hopes that he is still with those he loves, whether they are religious or historical figures, personal friends or fictional characters." R.I.P. He had lived for decades in self-imposed isolation in a small, remote house in Cornish, N.H. Read more.

Images: Getty Images/Amazon/Time



Content in a Cottage

Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

1 comment:

Susan Freeman said...

I still remember my first reading of A Catcher in the Rye". As a book lover, it saddens me so when one of our beloved authors die. I just finished reading Elizabeth Gaskell's biography of Charlotte Bronte. Salinger will live in our memory as the Brontes and Austen and others have. All I can say is well done sir, well done.

Susan and Bentley
xxoo