Sunday, January 3, 2010

Anatomy Of A Watering Can

I got a wonderful book for Christmas entitled The Tool Book for the well-tended garden by William Bryant Logan, published by Smith & Hawken. It is quite wonderful and I'm enjoying it very much. I am amazed that I already have so many of the tools pictured in this big fat 302-page volume. Most were procured at various garage sales over the past 30+ years for pennies compared to retail prices. The scan above shows all the fine points of a good watering can. I learned the hard way not to leave them out all winter because they will fill with water, freeze, and blow up. Plastic ones aren't allowed here at the cottage. Good used metal ones are all but impossible to find these days so take care of the ones you have. Rosemary



Content in a Cottage

Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Neat! I love my garden and the tools that go with it.