Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Life's Little Instruction Book, page 129 . . .





...To be continued...

Happy September 1st. I am feeling powerful and am looking forward to a great week of getting ready for fall. I got a good start yesterday and the weather looks great all week for mowing, clipping, putting the garden to bed, getting the weeds out of the driveway, and all those other fun things (not). I even started to tackle the giant weeds that line one side of the property where there is a steep slope. I am going to cut them each day for one hour after supper. How's that for a plan? Wish me luck. Please think of me when you are lounging on the beach or doing whatever you do the week before LABOR Day while I am laboring.
Thanks for stopping by the cottage for a chat. ♥Rosemary



Content in a Cottage

6 comments:

Renaissance Grace said...

We are normally in Fort Walton Beach for Labor day so will be thinking of you .
Susan

Maureen Sullivan Stemberg, Interiors said...

Hi Rosemary,

I will be in my favorite part of our country. NEHarbor, Me. a little slice of heaven here on the earth!!

Have a very Happy Labor Day weekend!

Looking forward to your to be continue...
mo-zy

Sue said...

Ah, Rosemary, you described what I find to be a perfect week. I drug all the fall decorations out of the barn yesterday and am already starting the fall clean-up. We leave Sunday, so I had to put up pots of "fake" mums, etc. Wouldn't want the housesitter to have too much to water!
Enjoy the week, and try not to overdo!

Cindy D. said...

Rosemary, Have you seen this short video in the NY Times? I thought of you when I saw it...so lovely!
http://scher.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/08/31/summer-retreat/

Happy Fall!
Cindy

JulesQuilts said...

Wish we could say the same about the English weather every day for about a week whenever I take the dogs out for a walk the heavens open and I get wet!

Gal Friday said...

You are so full of plans, and knowing you--you WILL get them done!
Usually this sort of weather is invigorating for me, as well, but I have been feeling out-of-sorts this September so far and have been suddenly busy with my daughter's schedule.