Monday, September 14, 2009

Keep a large safety pin near the kitchen sink . . .

I read a great hint in a very old housekeeping book. It said to keep a large safety pin near the kitchen sink so you can pin your rings to your clothing while doing the dishes. I photographed several items that live on my window sill that would be great places to keep the pin.


I use this miniature funnel all the time.


This pottery flower frog would work well too.


How about through the tail of this redware dog?


This small yellowware plate would be perfect.


The squirrel could keep an eye on the pin.


The tea strainer would be a handy place too.


I love this reindeer bottle opener made from an old antler.

A friend recently had an episode with her diamond ring that was placed on a ledge above the sink. When she reached for it to put it back on after removing her rubber gloves she dropped it and it bounced on the floor. Luckily she saw it bounce and go up under and behind the kickplate under the sink. A workman came with a fiber optic camera and finally found the ring way back in the corner. He said this was the second time this had happened. Most people think the baseboard goes all the way up but it doesn't. Remember that the next time you drop something down there and it disappears.

Thanks for stopping by the cottage today for a helpful household hint. ♥Rosemary



Content in a Cottage

4 comments:

Gal Friday said...

All these lovely things on your kitchen windowsill?? I can't decide which one I like best(maybe the squirrel)

Buttonchief7 said...

You have such interesting things to view. Wish I could have sent you a hedgehog cookie for your birthday. This month's Country Woman has a darling recipe for the sweet critters. Your blog is never a waste of time, very unique. Peggy

Tracy Watier said...

Cute post! Helpful too! Great bunch of stuff you've got there, Rosemary. Love the little funnel. What's the squirrel's regular job?

Millie said...

Yes, you are right Rosemary, jewelry left unattended on a sill is just looking for trouble. I still have a couple of the big pins I used to fasten up the boys towelling baby diapers. Strangely one is pink, maybe I bought it in hope & anticipation of something that I should have known better about. I love all your creative sill pieces.
Millie ^_^