Saturday, June 20, 2009

Yet another toad comes to visit . . .

The toads come and go. This is the third one to spend a few days in the toad house. Tabitha (the cat) found him behind the garage yesterday at the end of a walk and he was still in the garden this morning. We do love our toads, don't we?


My back is better but a long way from being normal. I am going to keep doctoring it until it's well. The invalid life is not for me. I am the first to admit that I have overworked it and the rebellion has begun.

I had a gutter man here yesterday cleaning out the clogged downspouts in preparation for today's storms. He was a nice general home repair man and I can think of so many things he can help me do. I feel relieved that I've found someone. I think I will hire out my next mowing too.

Sounds as if I'm getting soft, doesn't it? Have a great weekend.



Content in a Cottage

5 comments:

Sue said...

Sometimes we just over do.

And the toad pictures are wonderful. Glad you have another visitor!

Gail, northern California said...

You're not getting soft; you're getting smart. Until your back heals, you would be wise to give it a rest and let someone else do the mowing. It isn't as though you'll never get to mow again! ;-)

Love the toad. Isn't nature amazing in its ability to protect creatures with such incredible camouflage?

Marta McDowell said...

What do you suppose attracts the toads to your garden? I have salamanders, but never a toad. Do love the amphibians.

Lady Laura said...

A big brown toad nearly scared the wits out of me when he jumped out beneath the lawn mower yesterday as I was running it! Even so, he was a welcome addition. Still can't figure out why he's in the grass of the backyard instead of the pond in the front yard. If I catch him, I'll try to transplant him.
Last year we had a trio of frogs in the pond: a BIG daddy frog; a smaller momma frog; and a small one. But they've all moved on.

Millie said...

Permission given to make that nice Handyman a good, long list Rosemary. MOTH laid the new concrete floor slab in the Bathroom from Hell on Sunday & can hardly move tonight. Direct heat, Ibuprofen & a nip of Irish were the medications dished out tonight by Nurse Millie. Hope you get your old back back in quick time.
Millie ^_^