Monday, March 30, 2009

"The garden must be prepared in the soul or else it will not flourish"

I love this English Proverb, don't you?

Today is a beautiful Monday with blue skies, bright sun, a gentle breeze and the grass has turned bright green. Last night's storm with hail, torrential rain, wind, thunder and lightning worked its magic! When I woke up this morning and looked out the window, I thought I had been transported to Ireland. Can lawn mowing be far behind? I don't relish that thought.


Content in a Cottage

3 comments:

Amongst The Oaks said...

Ah, lawnmowing...
Here in California we never get a break - we mow 12 months of the year. And ours is looking quite happy lately. Yesterday we even played croquet on it.
Laura

Sabina said...

What a lovely post Rosemary. I thankfully have a husband who loves to mow the lawn and I gladly let him.

I missed Content In A Cottage while I was briefly away. Can't wait to see all that you have posted!!

:)

brooke said...

Beautiful proverb! You are a magnet to what is beautiful in this world, Rosemary!