Monday, February 2, 2009

Such a snowy winter so far . . .

This snow must have been around Halloween because of the black cat in the window of my front door.

My property is long and narrow. Perfect for exercising Webster.

I have two of these big cast iron roosters on my front walls in different locations. I love them. This is the one I see from my bedroom window.

We have had more than our share of snow this year. I understand that the people in Australia are sweltering in record heat. My friend Millie at The Laurel Hedge reported that it was 114 degrees there last week. I wish I could send some of my snow "downunder". Anywhere but here. I have a gravel driveway and it has been plowed a lot more than I would like. The stones will be in the grass for me to rake back in the spring...a chore I really dislike!



Content in a Cottage

3 comments:

Gal Friday said...

I hear you about the gravel walks and the mess shoveling does to them(I end up finding loose stones in the grass year round).
Your yard is lovely in the snow and I can imagine how especially inviting it must be when green and warm. The currently snow-covered chairs are waiting...(what do you think? At LEAST six more weeks of winter?)

Sabina said...

I love those photos (you're quite good with a camera) and all that beautiful snow.

We are facing a drought here in Northern California. We will have water restrictions very soon.

Thanks for sharing more about your lovely home Rosemary!!

Take Care!!

Millie said...

I'm cooling down just looking at these wonderful images Rosemary! Another day of 105F. today & no relief in sight until next week. I'm with you about the gravel issue, I finally 'persuaded' MOTH to replace ours last year with recycled bricks. He & Son #5 even laid them in the herringbone pattern that I wanted, although there were a couple of occasions where I 'laid low', as it was a bugger to do apparently.
Millie ^_^