Friday, July 25, 2008

Avoiding housework in summer...

SWEEPING
I like to sweep the front porch steps;
The sun shines and the birds all sing.
I hate to sweep the kitchen floor ~
I never see or hear a thing.

I have always wondered why I dislike doing housework in the summer. This little cartoon sums it all up, doesn't it? I find it quite impossible to take care of the inside and the outside all at once. In the summer I concentrate on my outside rooms. Winter is for inside work.

I scanned this page from an old book of mine entitled The Cheerful Cherub by Rebecca McCann published in 1928. She contributed a daily cartoon of this cute little guy each day in The Chicago Post as an antidote for gloom.



Content in a Cottage

1 comment:

Ann said...

Oh my goodness, Rosemary, my sentiments exactly!!! I have been a busy bee this winter but come spring.......I will not be found inside. As you may have guessed, I have started going thru your archives. LOL Comments coming.